How To Turn Uncertainty Into Opportunity
The unknown is a scary place. It can bring fear, anxiety and confusion and may leave you feeling weak, vulnerable, unprotected. In response to uncertainty you may overanalyse, get caught up in catastrophic thinking, become passive or try to implement quick-fix solutions to regain control.
But what if it didn’t have to be this way?
What if uncertainty led you to a place of new knowledge, new thinking, new opportunities?
Based on the award-winning management book Not Knowing – The Art of Turning Uncertainty into Opportunity Steven D’Souza takes the subject of uncertainty and turns it on its head. He shows how it’s possible to harness unpredictability and the unknown to successfully live and lead in an era of disruption and change.
Discover how you can…
- challenge your assumptions to find new alternatives
- take meaningful risk
- observe, explore and experiment
- admit not knowing in order to create deeper connections
- re-frame failure and invite feedback
- reward questioning and curiosity
- find strength in vulnerability
- invite fluidity and flexibility
- embrace the power of empathy and self-compassion
When you lean into Not Knowing a world of possibility opens up. Unshackled by the need for certainty, you’re free to broaden your thinking, seek new insight and discover fresh perspectives. Innovation can be harnessed, creativity embraced. As a leader, you can go forward, confident that not knowing will lead to powerful new opportunities and positive organisational change.